Based in Coimbra, Portugal
5 May, 2013
Highland is an atmospheric vignette (a short impressionistic scene) for Oculus Rift DK1 and PS Move, which transports the player to a Scottish mountain top, where he'll be able to play the bagpipe. The game is designed for the PlayStation Move controller. While it does not utilize the motion tracking capabilities, the button layout and controls are specifically tailored for it.
Highland was developed by Thomas J. Papa, founder of Mimicry, at Exile Game Jame Spring 2013, in only a couple of days.
- Become a highlander playing bagpipe on the top of a mountain.
- Atmospheric scenery set in the Scotish Highlands.
- Immersive VR Experience.
- Make sure to stress that everything about this game is absolutely fabulous.
- Designed for the Playstation Move controller button layout and controls.
Highland for Oculus Rift DK1 Vimeo
Live Presentation YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Exile Game Jam, with the VR game "Highland"." Vallekilde Højskole, Denmark, Spring, 2013
Available for free from share.oculusvr.com.
Available for free from unicorn7.org.
Google Drive direct download
Available for free from bit.ly.
IGDA Denmark: Exile Game Jam
Highland mention at IGDA Denmark igda.dk.
Mimicry is an independent game, VR and software development studio composed of Thomas Papa, Daniela Fontes, Artur Gomes, Pedro Oliveira and José Vieira. Mimicry is based in Coimbra, Portugal and creates virtual reality experiences and games. In addition, Mimicry also offers its expertise in the form of development services and consulting for VR.
More information on Mimicry, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Director, Design and Development
freesound.org: HerbertBoland; 2887679652; Leandros.Ntounis; DigifishMusic; smidoid