Based in Coimbra, Portugal
April 19, 2018
Ganbatte is a competitive multiplayer game for VR, about cats, in space, eating sushi. Players try to eat as much valuable sushi as they can to reach the highest score. The game is family-friendly and brings together hungry sushi cats from across the galaxy. Ganbatte is currently in development and will be released as an Early Access title on April 19, 2018.
Ganbatte is inspired by the Nintendo 64 party game Pokémon Stadium (1998), which featured the highly addictive mini-game Sushi-go-round. With Ganbatte, Mimicry expands and reimagines this game for VR, bringing together hungry sushi cats from across the galaxy.
- Quick Match, 4 players competing online
- Host & Join, multiplayer frenzy
- Single-player vs. AI, bots at easy/medium/hard
- 28 Challenges, can you complete them all?
- Step-by-step tutorial, learn at your own pace
- Friends and Global Steam Leaderboards
- Oculus and Vive cross-platform multiplayer
- 8 different types of sushi
- Combo system
- Double conveyor belt, moving in opposite directions
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4 and Steam
Ganbatte Steam Early Access Launch Trailer YouTube
Ganbatte Early Alpha Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "European Game Showcase @ GDC 2018 Selection" European Game Showcase, USA, March, 2018
- "Indie Dome Showcase @ Lisboa Games Week 2017 Most Fun Game" Indie Dome, Portugal, November, 2017
- "Prémios PlayStation® Talents 2017 Finalist" Sony Computer Entertainment Iberia, Portugal, October, 2017
- "If you're looking for VR Party Games, this may be the Best VR Multiplayer Game or one of the Best VR Multiplayer Games I've played."
- Cheru, Eating the BIGGEST SUSHI EVER in SPACE RESTAURANT!! || Ganbatte VR HTC Vive Pro Gameplay
- "Ganbatte VR is a fun virtual reality game where you compete with your friends to eat as much sushi as possible! It sounds crazy.....that's because it is!"
- Virtual Reality Oasis, SUSHI EATING COMPETITION IN VIRTUAL REALITY!! Ganbatte VR Oculus Rift Gameplay with Nathie
- "Ready, Set, Rift. Let the eating contest begin!"
- Nathie, VR SUSHI GO-ROUND SIMULATOR! | Ganbatte (Oculus Touch Gameplay) ft. Virtual Reality Oasis
- "Ganbatte Wants to Put Your Sushi Consumption Skills to the Test."
- David Vieux, VR The Gamers
- "Become A Sushi-Eating Champion As Ganbatte Comes To Steam."
- Rebecca Hills-Duty, VR Focus
- "Chow Down On Multiplayer Sushi Eating Title Ganbatte Soon. Yes that's right, competitive sushi eating."
- Peter Graham, VR Focus
- "Tired of shooting galleries? Ready for something different? Check out Ganbatte by Mimicry."
- Ryan Winterhalter, UploadVR
Request Press Copy
Use one of the following methods to request a press copy of Ganbatte.
Request a copy on distribute()
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Request a copy on Woovit
Please use the button below to request a press copy on Woovit.
Request a copy on Keymailer
Please use the button below to request a press copy on Keymailer.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Mimicry allows for the contents of Ganbatte to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Ganbatte is legally & explicitly allowed by Mimicry. This permission can be found in writing at http://press.mimicrygames.com/sheet.php?p=ganbatte.
Follow the progress on Ganbatte's Development Blog ganbattegame.com.
Interact with the community. steamcommunity.com.
Mimicry is an independent game, VR and software development studio composed of Thomas Papa, Daniela Fontes, Artur Gomes, Pedro Oliveira and José Vieira. Mimicry is based in Coimbra, Portugal and creates virtual reality experiences and games. In addition, Mimicry also offers its expertise in the form of development services and consulting for VR.
More information on Mimicry, our logo & relevant media are available here.
José Carlos Vieira